Deb gave me a book she had picked up on the discount table at a book store to use as my “canvas”. The florentine background on the cover is a paper napkin, I cut out some pictures from magazines to make my madonna and child and painted the blue robe with a glaze, scratching in the stars with the pointed wood end of the paint brush.
The Madonna image was an acrylic gel medium transfer from an ink jet print. I love the distressed look that happens with this transfer method.
One of the fun things about working on an altered book is using words or pictures that are printed on the page and incorporating them into the design.
On the left page I cut two pages with an x-acto in a decorative way and then painted each one with gold glazes and glued them onto the preceding page with gel medium. The right hand page is about 1/4″ thick stack of glued pages with a window cut into it. I glued a mini book I made from the cut out pages inside the opening.
I have business cards with pictures of my quilts printed on them. These were a perfect size to cut up and glue into the mini book.
This is about 1/3 of the book, I am going to post the rest of the pictures of the book over the next couple days.