Houses article part 2- construction!
Hey, the Cloth Paper Scissors issue with the house construction directions is hot off the press. If anyone goes through with making a house, please send me photos, I would love to see what you make.
Quilting Arts Workshop DVD’s
In other news Quilting Arts has just announced the release of the first 4 workshop DVD’s. My workshop on mixed media painted fabric is one of the first four. This is the technique used to make the fabric for these houses and my tote bag. If you are a visual learner like me and need to SEE how something is done instead of read about it, this is the way to go.
Rebecca from VT has already asked for a supply list so she can be ready to go when her DVD arrives.
Here’s the supply list for anyone interested:
- 1/2 yd white pfd fabric (the sizing in non-pfd fabric may cause the paint and gel medium to not bond as well)
- Paint brushes: several different sizes (you can use foam brushes for covering large areas but you will also want some smaller 1/4-1/2 inch wide bristle brushes for painting the second layer of paint)
- Acrylic soft gel medium semi-gloss (I think Golden brand is the best for this technique)
- Transparent and metallic textile paints (no opaque paint)
- Black permanent pen/marker (Sharpie)
- Images to collage printed on bond paper (use copyright free images from Dover books or go here)
- Scissors for cutting paper
- A junk mail catalog intended for the trash, I use this when painting gel medium onto the paper images, just turn the page for a clean gluing surface
- Plastic for protecting work surface
- Decorative or handmade papers
- Brayer (for making a good bond between paper and fabric)